Compile error on Google Cloud Platform

Hi,

I am testing a Google Cloud Platform hosted node vs Azure

I have both dashboards up and running and I am able to create users, faucet and transfer Ether.

On the Azure platform I am able to upload the SimpleStorage.sol contract and it compiles successfully but on the Google hosted dashboard I get a compile error as follows;

(line 5, column 41):
unexpected “\r”
expecting string character or end of string.

All contracts I upload or even pasted code in the Contract Editor gives the same compile error on Google.

The versions I have are as follows;

Azure : v0.3.5
Google : SMD v0.7.0 - Enterprise

Any help would be appreciated.

Synaptoman

Hi @Synaptoman - try writing a contract in your desktop text editor (like nodepad) and pasting it into the contract editor. This a known bug which we have addressed in our upcoming release. Let me know if this works.

Hi,

No, tried that. Whether I type it directly into the editor, Copy and Paste it from Notepad or import it, it still give the Compile error. What does work however, is if I type it over a single line like this.

contract SimpleStorage{uint storedData;function set(uint x){storedData = x;}function get() returns (uint retVal){return storedData;}}

What I find strange is that on the Azure Platform it works fine and the above behavior is only on Google Cloud.

When can we expect the new release?

Regards

Synaptoman

Hi @Synaptoman - our next release (STRATO 4.2) is scheduled for Friday December 7. In the meantime, we would like to schedule a call with you to resolve these issues. Here’s the link to schedule a meeting.

Hi,
I think I can wait for the new release on December 7.
Will it be rolled out to Azure, Google Cloud and AWS simultaneously?
I am testing all 3 of these platforms.
Is it automatically updated or do I have to do anything?
Regards

Hi @Synaptoman - we plan to have Azure updated first, followed by AWS and GCP.

As an alternative to waiting, you can install a node locally to enjoy the most up-to-date version of the software by clicking here.

Due to the workload involved in updating the cloud offers, they will always be a week or two behind our official releases.